Mmmmmm … What a mouthful I have given you this morning but there is a great explanation for it. You see my motivation and the sudden whirlwind I am creating in my home and business have all gone from the normal 80mph to full steam ahead because last Thursday I was the runner up in the Mumpreneur category of the Kent Women In Business Awards.
This was such a big deal for me and if I’m honest something I really needed. You see it can be hard being self employed. A lot of the time working for yourself by yourself and it can get frustrating, lonely and there are times you think you may be driving yourself mad, when arguing between the benefits and disadvantages of any idea! Then there are moments like Thursday night, where I was a runner up amongst over 40 entries of extremly talented and inspiring business women.
We all need moments like Thursday night whether they come in the way of an award or just a friendly confident boost of encouraging words and so I made you this ….
You are AWESOME now go dream big, share positivity & love and have a kickass awesome week!
P.S I know the title says MORNING motivation but even us Mumpreneurs have our challenges;
Getting skin summer ready can be tough but we all know it starts from the inside so as well as drinking plenty of water here are the top 10 foods you can nourish yourself with to prepare for the summer sunshine (don’t forget your SPF!)
1. Blueberries. Packed full of anti-oxidants that work to neutralise free radicals linked to ageing & age related disease.
2. Bananas for healthy skin and hair from vitamin B6
3. Citrus Fruits, like oranges, lemons, kiwi & grapefruit. Vitamin C keeps skin smooth & tight by helping build collagen.
4. Apples. Turns out am apple a day can be beneficial to us, packed full of ant oxidants & vitamin c (one apple provides a quarter of your daily vitamin c requirement) for healthy skin & gums.
5. Spinach & Leafy Greens. These are full of vitamins, iron & omega 4 fatty acids that hydrate & protect skin
6. Sweet Potatoes. Rich in the anti-oxidant beta carotene, they have protective qualities that help defend against sun damage.
7. Broccoli. Love them or hate them just 2 “trees” are a rich source of calcium & vitamin c with a long list of health benefits to your skin and body.
8. Salmon. One of the highest concentrations of omega 3 fatty acids, nourishing skin, reducing inflammation & decreasing clogged pores.
9. Hemp Seeds, almonds, walnuts & flax seeds. Protect from sun damage, keep skin moisturised & soft, nourish with nuts & seeds that contain Vitamin E & rich in omega 3’s.
I had to finish with something indulgent ….
10. Chocolate. Dark Chocolate to be precise, it’s full of anti oxidants that help rid your body if free radicals that are linked to the ageing process. You can read more benefits of eating 3-4 squares a day here.
Ok we are talking dark Chocolate 80% or higher but a few squares a day can be jam packed with benefits for your body.
1. Dark Chocolate is good for the Brain! It increases blood flow & can improve cognitive function.
2. Dark chocolate is loaded with anti-oxidants which fight harmful free radicals.
3. Good for diabetics as it helps control blood sugar levels & won’t cause huge spikes.
4. Not just for valentines, its good for your heart! It can help lower blood pressure, improve blood flow & can be known to prevent the formation of blood clots.
5. It improves your mood it contains several chemical compounds that have an uplifting & positive effect on our mood. It contains PEA encouraging the brain to release endorphins making us feel all happy & lovey dovey.
6. Can release upset tummy & diarrhoea, scientists at The Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute found that cocoa flavanoids, bind to a protein potentially stopping the upset straight away.
7. The high content of flavanols in dark chocolate can help improve skins hydration and elasticity which means healthier, younger looking skin.
8. Can aid weightloss. By slowing down your digestion so you feel fuller for longer.
9. Dark chocolate helps overcome & combat stress by reducing the stress hormones through the rich cocoa.
10. It makes us happy & satisfied because we love chocolate and its yummy!
Anything I have missed feel free to share, check out here to see a super yummy and indulgent home made dark chocolate. Enjoy!.
I have good reason for having not blogged for a while, and it’s definitely been a motivation and inspiration for me, I welcomed to the word our second beautiful boy, Freddie.
Being a mum all over again and watching my eldest son become a big brother has been simply beautiful. We have been watching videos by a truly inspirational, funny and happy kid called Kid President, and I think the best and most appropriate motivation I can share with you today is his video Kid Presidents’s letter to a person on their first day here being emotional & a new mummy it had me smiling & crying at the same time!
Now on maternity leave, when the baby is sleeping & my eldest is at school I plan to get in some time for writing I miss sharing Monday Motivation and beauty stuff with you guys. I’m looking forward for what’s to come & sharing it with you all. Have a fab week