Ok we are talking dark Chocolate 80% or higher but a few squares a day can be jam packed with benefits for your body.
1. Dark Chocolate is good for the Brain! It increases blood flow & can improve cognitive function.
2. Dark chocolate is loaded with anti-oxidants which fight harmful free radicals.
3. Good for diabetics as it helps control blood sugar levels & won’t cause huge spikes.
4. Not just for valentines, its good for your heart! It can help lower blood pressure, improve blood flow & can be known to prevent the formation of blood clots.
5. It improves your mood it contains several chemical compounds that have an uplifting & positive effect on our mood. It contains PEA encouraging the brain to release endorphins making us feel all happy & lovey dovey.
6. Can release upset tummy & diarrhoea, scientists at The Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute found that cocoa flavanoids, bind to a protein potentially stopping the upset straight away.
7. The high content of flavanols in dark chocolate can help improve skins hydration and elasticity which means healthier, younger looking skin.
8. Can aid weightloss. By slowing down your digestion so you feel fuller for longer.
9. Dark chocolate helps overcome & combat stress by reducing the stress hormones through the rich cocoa.
10. It makes us happy & satisfied because we love chocolate and its yummy!
Anything I have missed feel free to share, check out here to see a super yummy and indulgent home made dark chocolate. Enjoy!.